Friday, July 17|
Thursday, July 16
- Exam 3 Review - Vesion B is now posted.
Wednesday, July 15
- Exam 3 Information was updated, it includes Section 5.4.
Please mark your copy or download the revised version.
Monday, July 13
- Quiz 11 Information is now posted.
- Exam 3 Information and Review for Exam 3 are now posted.
Thursday, July 9
- New lecture notes posted: on integration by substitution.
Wednesday, July 8
- Homework for Monday: Problem Set 6
- New handouts posted: practice on definite integrals and Quiz 10 Information.
Monday, July 6
- Quiz 9 Information is now posted.
- New lecture notes posted: on differentiation.
Thursday, July 2
- New handout posted: on optimization 2 (Section 3.4)
- Quiz 8 will cover all previous topics and Optimization 2 (section 3.4) and the product rule (Section 2.3).
Monday, June 29
- Answers for Problem Set 5 are now posted.
Friday, June 26
- Quiz 6 was cancelled. Quiz 7 will include Quiz 6 topics.
- Exam 2 Information is now posted.
- The course syllabus has been updated. The revised version includes how midterm grades will be determined, and
an updated Calendar of Events.
Wednesday, June 24
- Quiz 7 Information is now posted.
- New handout posted: on graphing rational functions.
- Homework for Monday: Problem Set 5
Monday, June 22
- Quiz 5 was postponed to Thursday, June 24
- Quiz 6 was postpoend to Monday, June 29
- Quiz 6 Information is now posted.
- New handouts: on differentiation, graphing factored polynomials, and logarithms.
Thursday, June 18
Quiz 5 Information is now posted.
Wednesday, June 17
Answers for Problem Sets 1-4 are now posted. Use these in studying for Exam 1.
- Extra Credit Assignment: Prove that the function f(x)=x3 is one-to-one.
Monday, June 15
Homework for Thursday: Problem Set 4 - #2 c, d, e, f, g, h, #3, and #4
- Extra Credit Assignment 2 is now posted.
Homework for Wednesday: Problem Set 4 - Skip problems #2 c, d, e, f, g, h, #3, and #4
- New Lecture notes posted: Complete Analysis of a function.
Friday, June 12
Thursday, June 11 (later)
- Extra Credit Assignment 1 is now posted.
Thursday, June 11
- Quiz 3 is postponed to Monday, June 15.
- Quiz 4 is postponed to Wednesday, June 17.
- Exam 1 is postponed to Monday, June 22.
- Check back tomorrow, by then the extra credit assignment will be posted.
Wednesday, June 10
- New handouts posted: Exam 1 Information and lecture notes
on tangent lines, logarithms, and completing the square - part 4.
- Homework for Monday: Problem Set 3
Monday, June 8
- Some of the older announcements were deleted from this page. They are all available on the newly posted handout tited
- New handouts posted: Quiz 4 Information and lecture notes on optimization.
- Extra credit assignment: Suppose that towns A and B are s distance away from each other. If
we travel from A to B with an average speed of v1 and from B to A with an
average speed of v2, compute the average speed for the entire roundtrip in terms
of s, v1 and v2
Thursday, June 4
- New handouts posted: on writing equations of lines and graphing parabolas.
- Quiz 3 Information is now posted.
- Homework for Wednesday: Problem Set 2
Wednesday, June 3
- New handouts posted: Quiz 2 Information, lecture notes on factoring, completing the square, the real number system,
radical expressions, basic percent problems, linear and quadratic word problems.
- Homework for Monday: Problem Set 1
Tuesday, June 2
- New handout posted: Course Outline. Check it out! This document will be regularly updated.
To access the latest version, push the refresh button.
- Extra credit assignment: We proved in class that terminating and repeating decimals
always represent rational numbers. Prove the converse: that every rational
number, when written as a decimal, is either terminating or repeating.
Welcome to the course! My name is Marta Hidegkuti and I will be the instructor of this course. Please monitor this web site regularly because all announcements and handouts will be made available here. When viewing this site, push the refresh button to access the most recent documents.
Homework for Thursday: Questions